Preserving our environment for the future
Sustainability is about choices — those that we make as a manufacturer and those that you make as a consumer. Some eco-conscious options require systemic changes, while others are simple to implement. However, both contribute significantly to a more sustainable future.
Taking conscious steps that make a difference
At Diamond, cutting waste, reducing energy use and conserving resources are important steps in realizing long-standing sustainability goals. From wood chips to computer chips, up to 90% of the waste produced in our manufacturing process is reused or recycled, avoiding landfills. Our wood scraps, for example, are used for animal bedding, boiler fuel and are mixed with wax to make fireplace starter logs.
Diamond is certified by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association’s Environmental Stewardship Program (ESP), a rigorous process recognizing companies that employ environmentally responsible materials and practices. For more information on ESP, visit http://www.greencabinetsource.org.
What's hot in today's kitchen?
Many new kitchens feature a streamlined look, with large window expanses with fewer wall cabinets.
- Open shelving is popular for those who want items within reach and can keep it neat
- Professional-style appliances such as free-standing stainless steel gas ranges, the trend for years, are being challenged by sleek induction cook tops paired with double wall ovens
- Under-the-counter options are increasingly prominent, with drawers that double as refrigerators, wine storage and even a pullout microwave
- For faucets, the convenience of a pullout model is a desired feature, as are pot fillers
- Brushed nickel is the leading finish option, followed by pewter, polished chrome and oil-rubbed bronze colorations
- French door and bottom freezer drawer refrigerator models continue to dominate the market
- With healthy living being a strong trend, more kitchens are featuring steam ovens, induction cooking and warming drawers to keep nutritious dinners ready for active family members